Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Poison Arrows, Bailiff, Big Science at Subterranean on Sat. May 27

I saw Big Science at Lincoln Hall earlier this year and really looked forward to seeing them again last Saturday night. Of course they did not disappoint. I was able to talk to some of the guys before the show again and it was good to catch up and hear what they are up to. They just released an ep that I reviewed called Skyscraper Sound on AEMMP Records. The guys are also working on a full length album, so stay tuned. At the Subterranean show they played the songs from Skyscraper Sound and it's so much more of a guitar punch to see them live. That's a great thing. I also really enjoyed Poison Arrows. Their bass player played quite a few notes and reminded me of a lot of that great mid 1970's progressive rock where bass players played like guitar players. Think Yes and Rush. Bailiff were also on the bill. The sound at Subterranean was really good. It's been a while since I've been there. The room was really dark though and my camera and video-camera don't like it that dark, so I don't have any coverage here.

I was fortunate to also catch up with Mike Maimone, who has an album release show for We Float coming up at The Mutiny on Western. I will be there and I will also post that concert info here soon.

Special thanks to Rebecca at Betta Promotions who promotes some great bands. (Big Science, Suns, Mike Maimone, Netherfriends, and A Lull among them.) Like them on their facebook page linked above. Also special thanks to Big Science for having me and being so approachable.

0 comments:

Post a Comment